The clocks have gone back. The nights are darker and that means comfort food. And what better comfort food is there than chocolate. Get your fix with these nutty chocolate brownies.
100g/4oz Plain Chocolate
75g/3oz Salted Butter
150g/5oz Brown Sugar
1sp vanilla essence
75g/3oz plain wholemeal flour
50g/2oz chopped nuts
Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4
2. Grease and line an 8 inch square tin.
3. Melt the chocolate and the butter over a very low heat in a medium sized saucepan and remove from the heat.
4. Beat in the sugar, eggs and vanilla and then stir in the flour and nuts.
5. Pour the mixture into there grease and lined tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool. Turn out of tin, dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
Michelle Shulman is the owner of La Belle Cake Company and the founder of La Belle Academy.
Michelle's cake creations have won multiple awards and she has demonstrated cake decorating at the Ideal Home Show and the Cake and Bake Show. Her previous clients include numerous celebrities as well as royalty. Her work has featured on TV including Channel 4 and Sky TV and she has also featured on Red and Huffington Post.
Michelle’s business accolades include Self Employed Person of the year and Enterprising Business of the year. In 2018 Michelle established La Belle Academy to help fellow cake makers turn their passion into profit as well as further enhancing their cake decorating skills.
Michelle lives in Bedfordshire with her Husband and 2 daughters and travels the country delivering bespoke cakes, teaching cake decorating and coaching fellow cake makers.